Tape-on hair extensions are a quick and easy method that result in a very natural look – no one will guess you’re wearing extensions! Here is all you need to know!
What are tape hair extensions?
Tape-on, tape hair, tape extensions, tape hair extensions – All refer to the method that’s taken the world by storm – and become a bestseller in many of our markets. Hair extensions with tape. Rapunzel of Sweden calls the method Quick & Easy and Rapunzel Sleek Tape Extension – a method that gives you long, voluminous, natural-looking hair in less than an hour. Tape-on extensions are available in lots of different colours, lengths and qualities. Just like your own hair, this real hair can become a part of your look. Style according to your own hairstyle or mood. No one will notice the extensions, but everyone will notice the difference.
Who do we recommend tape for?
Our stylists and hair extension experts recommend tape for just about everyone – one of our most popular methods! If you have thin and fragile hair, we always recommend tape because it’s a gentle method with thin and highly discreet attachments.
What are the advantages of tape?
They don’t damage your hair
The pieces weigh between 2 and 3 g so they won’t feel heavy or slide off. They work really well if you have fragile and/or damaged hair.
Ideal if you have thin hair
Do you have thin hair in which attachments always remain visible? That’s no longer a problem with Pro Tape, Quick & Easy and Sleek Tape Extension.
Thanks to the soft, thin tape, you get a discreet attachment. Your magnificent locks will certainly stand out, but it won’t be obvious that you’re wearing extensions...
Easy to remove
Thanks to our special remover, it’s easy to remove the extensions when it’s time to move them up.
… and just as easy to reuse
Buy our refill tape so they can be reused. Practical, easy and value for money!
The tape is both soft and very thin. You’ll hardly notice that you have them in.
How to attach tape-on hair extensions
- Wash your hair twice with Rapunzel Deep Cleansing Shampoo. Do not use other hair products such as conditioner or deep conditioning treatment.
- Make sure the hair is completely dry, then wash it the evening before. Damp hair is thicker than dry hair so the attachments will slip off if you fasten them to damp hair which then dries.
- Divide the hair with a pin tail comb into manageable sections. Lift a small section of hair and place a hair piece under it. Place a piece of new tape over it and press! Preferably with pliers for the best result.
- Do not style or wash your hair for 48 hours after attaching the extensions.
How to remove and reuse tape extensions
You can remove your tape hair extensions using a remover and a pin tail comb. The tape dissolves, which allows you to gently remove your hair extensions as easily as you were able to put them in. Next, you remove any tape residue. Then you can reuse the hair by applying new tape refills to the previously used bondings and attach the hair again in the same way.
Pro Tape, Quick & Easy or Sleek Tape Extension?
Pro Tape Extension
- Hair-covered attachments – loved by professionals
- More hair per section than our other tape-on extensions
- Ideal for thin hair
- Premium hair extensions that are reusable with new tape
- Perfect for those who like to put their hair up
- Style your hair exactly as desired with a straightener or curling tongs
Quick & Easy
- Ideal if you wish to try this method at a lower price
- You can also choose between Original quality that lasts 1-2 months or Premium quality that lasts 3-6 months
Sleek Tape Extension
- Ideal if you love tape and want quality hair and attachment
- A narrower and thinner attachment that’s even less visible
- Only available in Premium quality that lasts 3-6 months
- Ideal for thin, Scandinavian hair
- Works even better for updo hairstyles
Gentle tape hair extensions – do they wear out your hair?
The tape-attachment method is designed to be gentle on your hair. The cleverly designed bondings distribute the weight across multiple strands of hair, preventing the extensions from wearing out your natural hair and slipping out. We recommend that you wear the hair extensions for 6–8 weeks, after which they can be easily reused and reattached using tape refills. It is very easy to remove your tape extensions with a remover and a pin tail comb. The tape dissolves, which allows you to gently remove your hair extensions as easily as you were able to put them in. Next, you remove any tape residue. Then, you can reuse the hair by applying new tape refills to the previously used bondings and attach the hair again just like you did before. So simple and so easy!
Straight or curly tape extensions?
Rapunzel’s tape extensions are available in straight and curly hair styles. Straight hair extensions may develop a slight curl after you wash them. They have also gone through fewer treatment steps than curly hair extensions. Curly hair extensions keep their curly shape even after washing them as the hair is permed to make it curly. Regardless of whether you have straight or curly tape extensions, they can be styled, straightened, and curled to suit your look. However, when you style your extensions, we recommend that you apply a heat protector to avoid unnecessary wear, giving your own hair and your hair extensions the best possible conditions for a look that stays beautiful longer.
How many extensions do I need?
The number of tape hair extensions that you need depends on the type of look you want to create and your natural hair type. If you are looking to thicken your natural hair, we usually recommend 1–3 packages. If you want to create an extension of your natural hair, between 4 and 6 packages is the most common. However, if you have very thick hair, or want to create a large wave of hair, you may need up to 8–10 packages.
How to wash your hair
To help your hair and your tape hair extensions to stay nicer longer, it is important to choose a good hair care line, one with lots of moisture and nutrients in the products. Always use brushes made especially for hair extensions. Another tip is to not wash your hair or your hair extensions too often. One way to give your hair a rest is to use a dry shampoo, which can help your hair and your hair extensions stay beautiful for even longer.
How to wash tape hair extensions:
- Start by separating your hair with your fingers and brush it while it is dry.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and apply shampoo. Massage the shampoo into the hair extensions using downward movements.
- Rinse thoroughly and gently squeeze out the water.
- Use a hair masque 1–3 times per week. After shampooing, apply a generous amount of hair masque to the lengths and ends of the hair (do not use conditioner or hair masque on tape bondings as that could cause them to fall out.) Leave for 3–10 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water, then gently squeeze out the water, and apply conditioner to the lengths and ends.
- Rinse thoroughly and gently squeeze out the water with a towel. For best results and less wear, let your hair air dry and then brush through it.
How to take care of your extensions
- Wash 1-3 times per week for best durability
- We recommend you use hair care products from Rapunzel of Sweden. The attachments are specially designed for extensions.
- Nourishes and moisturises hair
- Always use heat protection when styling hair
- Moisturise with one of our hair oils or Leave-in Creme
You can wear tape extensions while sleeping
Rapunzel’s tape extensions have very thin bondings, which makes them comfortable to wear even while you’re sleeping. Before going to bed, however, it may be a good idea to brush and braid your hair, reducing the wear and tear on your hair as well as the risk of tangles. Plus, your hair will look really nice and curly in the morning! Simply put, a win-win situation.