The ponytail is a beloved classic that can be infinitely varied. Rapunzel’s Clip-in Ponytail made of real hair, and Fibre Clip-in Ponytail made of synthetic fibres, are quick and easy to attach using the practical Velcro strap and small, concealed comb. All in a matter of minutes!
This is how:
1. Put your hair up in a bunch with the hairband. If you have short hair, put it in a bun instead.
2. Insert the integral comb under the hairband and into the bunch.
3. Wrap the hair around the attachment point on the ponytail and secure with hairpins, preferably in a cross. And you’re done!
Clip-in Ponytail or Sleek Clip-in Ponytail?
Rapunzel offers two different ponytails made of real hair. Our classic Clip-in Ponytail and our Sleek Clip-in Ponytail. If you want the ultimate wow effect with a long, voluminous ponytail, Clip-in Ponytail is ideal. Available in four lengths (30, 40, 50 and 60 cm), this ponytail has a thicker attachment point with 50–100 g of hair, making it particularly suitable for those with medium to thick hair. The amount of hair on Clip-in Ponytail can make it feel heavier for those with thinner, finer hair.
Sleek Clip-in Ponytail is recommended for those who seek a stylish look with a longer and slightly thicker ponytail that weighs less. This ponytail is available in two lengths (40 and 50 cm), and has a thinner attachment point with 45–55 g of hair. As Sleek Clip-in Ponytail is more lightweight with a thinner attachment point, it is suitable for those with finer, thinner hair, common in Scandinavia.
Why a ponytail made of synthetic fibres?
Rapunzel also offers two different ponytails made of synthetic fibres. Fibre Clip-in Ponytail and Fibre Clip-in Ponytail Beach Wave. The attachment method is the same as for our classic Clip-in Ponytail in real hair, and the synthetic hair looks very natural. A ponytail made of synthetic hair is suitable if you want to try out extensions for the first time, as it is cheaper than one made of real hair. It is also suitable if you prefer to wear it on occasion, as it has a long lifespan if taken care of according to instructions.
Styling Clip-in Ponytail
Your ponytail can be trimmed and styled by your hairdresser to get the desired length. You can choose to style your ponytail before or after insertion. The Clip-in Ponytail in real hair can be styled with heat up to 180°C. The Fibre Clip-in Ponytail made of synthetic hair can be styled with heat up to 150°C. Remember to always put on heat protection when using styling tools. Store the product in a dark, dry place, preferably in a box.
Washing Clip-in Ponytail
Your new, real hair product thrives on love and care. Follow these instructions so that your ponytail looks its best for as long as possible. The less often you wash and style your extensions, the longer they last.
This is how:
- Before washing your ponytail, brush through it to ensure that it’s free of tangles. Using a soft hairbrush, start by brushing the ends and work your way up in sections.
- Rinse the hair in lukewarm water, and wash twice with Rapunzel’s recommended shampoo. Avoid rubbing the hair. Rinse.
- Use a deep conditioning treatment regularly. Leave it on for at least 10 minutes, preferably longer. Rinse and finish with conditioner.
- Let the hair dry naturally on a towel. Then finally, hang the hair to dry until it’s completely dry.
A ponytail made of synthetic hair also needs to be cared for. Like real hair, a Fibre Clip-in Ponytail lasts longer the fewer times you wash and style it.
This is how:
- Detangle the hair with the Extension Brush before washing. Start with the ends and work your way up.
- Rinse the hair with lukewarm water and then apply shampoo from root to tip. Avoiding rubbing. Rinse thoroughly and repeat with shampoo a second time.
- Apply conditioner to the lengths and rinse thoroughly.
- Allow the hair to dry naturally, preferably on a Hair Hanger.
- Detangle the hair when dry.