Nail Hair gives you long hair that lasts! The extensions can stay on the head for up to three months, are attached with wax, and available in over 40 different colours.
What are Nail Hair extensions?
Nail Hair is Rapunzel’s longest lasting hair extension solution. The attachment is applied using a connector tool and the extensions can stay in your hair for up to 3 months. This means you can sleep, train and have a lot of fun with your new hair during these months. The extensions have small attachments, which make it easy for you to put your hair up and create wonderful hairstyles. Nail Hair is a method that works well to both lengthen and add volume or to create colour effects. Remember to check the attachments regularly to see if they’ve not grown out too much.
- Part your hair and take a small section. The section should be approximately as wide as the extension attachment and look like a semi-circle, so that it is straight on the upper side and rounded underneath.
- Place a protection pad around the section and fasten the plate in place. Place a hair extension under the section of your own hair
- Melt the hair extension attachment with the connector tool until the entire attachment has melted. Shape the wax by rolling it back and forth with your fingers, so that the wax is thickest in the middle and thinner at the top and bottom. Imagine the shape of a grain of rice. The attachment has a round and even shape, and is free from air bubbles.
- Repeat the process with the remaining extensions and you’re done!
How many packs of Nail Hair do I need?
We recommend using approx. 5–7 packs of Nail Hair for a full extension depending on how thick your hair is. If you have naturally thick hair or want to achieve very thick or long hair, you may need 8–10 packs. If you want to add volume with Nail Hair, we recommend 1–4 packs depending on the desired result.
- If you are attaching a few hair extensions (about 1–4 packs), distribute the extensions in three sections, with the first parting level with the top of the ear. Then work your way up until you achieve the desired result.
- If you want to add volume with approx. 5–7 packs of hair extensions, distribute the extensions in three sections, with the first parting level with the top of the ear. Next, distribute the extensions in two additional sections on either side of the head. Place these at the same height as the top parting, facing diagonally upwards and at an angle in front of the ear.
- If you want really thick hair and are using 8 packs of extensions or more, we recommend distributing the extensions in 5 sections, with the first parting level with the bottom of the ear. Next, distribute the extensions in three additional sections on either side of the head. Start at the same height as the top parting, diagonally upwards and at an angle in front of the ear.
If you want to wear extensions for colour effects or to mix colours, it may be a good idea to choose the colour that is most similar to your own hair closest to the hairline and the upper row – in this way your attachments will be invisible and blend in well.
Washing Nail Hair extensions
To keep your hair and hair extensions looking their best for longer, it’s important to provide them with plenty of moisture and nourishment. Apply Rapunzel hair care products to your hair. Use a detangling brush to remove any tangles. And read our care tips for further recommendations.
- Start by separating your hair with your fingers and brushing it while dry. Rinse with lukewarm water and apply shampoo. Massage the shampoo in a downward motion without rubbing. Rinse thoroughly, then gently squeeze out the water.Wash with shampoo a second time.
- Use a deep conditioning treatment 1–2 times a week or as required. After shampooing, apply a generous amount of conditioning treatment to the lengths and ends. Avoid using conditioner and deep conditioning treatment close to the attachments as these can cause them to loosen. Leave on for at least 10 minutes, preferably longer. Rinse with lukewarm water, then gently squeeze out the water and apply conditioner to the lengths and ends. Rinse thoroughly, then gently squeeze out the water with a towel.
- For best results and less breakage, dry the attachments with a hair dryer at very low heat and the rest of the hair at low heat and low speed. Don’t forget heat protection! Brush through the hair when it’s completely dry.
Styling Nail Hair extensions
After inserting your Nail Hair extensions, you may need to trim them to create a nice transition to your own hair. Our Nail Hair with straight hair can be styled just like your own hair. When using curling tongs, a straightener, hairdryer or other styling tools on your extensions, always use heat protection and do not expose the hair to temperatures higher than 180°C. When styling your hair with heat, you should avoid applying heat close to the attachments. Heat can cause the attachments to melt and loosen.
Removing Nail Hair extensions
To remove your Nail Hair extensions, use remover and Nail Hair pliers. Part the hair like when you put the extensions in and remove each extension individually, section by section. Apply remover to the attachment. Use the pliers to gently break loose the attachment. Create cracks in the attachment with the pliers until it becomes porous. If necessary, apply additional remover and carefully pull out the extension. If the attachment is stubborn, apply more remover, loosen with pliers and gently pull again. Comb out any residue with a pin tail comb.
Nail Hair extensions are not the same as keratin extensions
Many refer to Nail Hair as keratin extensions or hair extensions with keratin, however Rapunzel Nail Hair does not contain keratin. Keratin is a sulphur-rich protein naturally found in hair, nails and horns. All hair is mostly made up of keratin and this includes the hair in hair extensions made of real hair. Keratin is also found in wax and thus in some types of hair extensions. In its original wax form, keratin is very hard and often derived from animal organs such as horns. The percentage of keratin in hair extensions is generally very low. Rapunzel of Sweden uses synthetic materials – not keratin wax – in its attachments. Instead, the attachment has been developed to be both effective and gentle, and taken out using remover and special Nail Hair pliers.