Step by step - flat iron curls
Many people find it hard to get good texture and really nice curls using a flat iron. So we snagged some secret tricks from expert stylists for perfect results. This guide is also great for those who want super straight hair. Let’s get to it!
Flat Iron Curls 101
Always use a good heat styling product. Rapunzel Heat Protection is perfect for 2nd day restyling.
- Use heat protection and distribute it evenly throughout the hair.
- Then divide hair into sections. Leave a few strands at the back of the neck.
- Use Rapunzel's ceramic flat iron for hair extensions. It allows you to adjust the heat yourself, thus avoiding damaging your hair. Start on low heat and increase as needed. Take a 2-3 cm wide section. You should preferably comb through the section before using the flat iron.
- Angle the flat plate inwards, place your hair on the edge of the plate (90 degrees towards you) and pull it outwards. Watch the video for more instructions.
- (For straightening: angle the plate slightly inwards and pull it gently through the hair section.) The more careful you are, the better the result will be.
- Repeat the process section by section. Work through the hair, with the top layer last.
- Use Rapunzel Hair Oil for shine and set with hairspray.