FIVE REASONS TO LOVE BRAIDS
The classic braid can be endlessly varied: fishtail, ring braids, headband braids … We'll show you 5 different styles you can do at home!
- Take a small section of hair from one side. Make sure that it isn’t too close to your ear or to your parting.
- Braid the section and fasten with a hairband.
- Pull on the sides of the braid to loosen a little.
- Do a centre parting then pull the braid across the front of your forehead and attach firmly on the other side of your head.
- Put up your hair in a low ponytail and tie with a small elastic band. Split the ponytail into two tails. Take a very small section from the outside of the right tail.
- Place the small hair section over the right tail and put it in with the hair in the left tail just where the two sections meet.
- Now take another small section of hair from the left tail and do the same thing as before but put it in the right tail.
- Repeat this procedure until you have braided the whole ponytail. Tie with a rubber band and pull the sides of the braid to loosen. Cut off the upper elastic band.
- Do a centre parting and take a small section of hair close to your parting. Do a braid and tie with a hair band.
- Do a second braid below the first one and repeat the procedure on the other side of the parting.
- Now take one of the braids around the back of your head and fasten in place with a hair pin. Take one of the braids from the other side and do the same thing
- Repeat the procedure with the other two braids. Gently pull up the hair at your crown a little in order to give the hairstyle more volume.
- Bend over and do a French braid starting from the base of your head. Keep going all the way to your forehead and from there do a normal braid.
- Tie with a hair band, pull apart a little if you want it looser.
- Push in the braid under the hair nearest your forehead.
- Attach braid with bobby pins.
- Create a centre parting with zig-zag pattern at the back of your head. Do two loose braids and tie with hair bands.
- Pull on the sides of the braids a little to loosen. Lift the braids back towards the head.
- Braid them loosely together into an irregular bun.
- Hold the bun in place and secure it with bobby pins.