Blowout - DIY
Is your hair lifeless and frizzy despite blow-drying? Read our professional tips for a successful and long lasting result in our blowout guide!
Products you require:
This is how easy it is:
- When you want to add volume to your hair then it's best to have it really clean in order to make your blow-dry last longer. Wash your hair twice with shampoo or once with a deep-cleansing shampoo. Finish with conditioner - applying only to the lengths and ends.
(We used Rapunzel's Hydrate & Care series - which cleans and moisturises, and is at the same time kind to animals. 100% vegan.)
- Towel-dry your hair.
- Use a detangling brush and carefully go through your hair. Apply heat protection in order to protect your hair against heat from the dryer.
Tip! New Rapunzel Blow Dry Cream contains both heat protection and adds volume and body. It even makes your hair dry faster - win-win!
- The next step can seem like overkill but we promise that it helps to focus on one section at a time thus giving a better and quicker result.
The secrect is in the sections. Section the hair when it is still wet, divide into two sections and leave an extra section at the nape. Fasten the two bigger sections to the side with large clips. Start blow-drying the part that is loose, use your finger-tips to remove any tangles (don't use any brush yet) and just dry partially.
8. Now you are almost there, just the final finale. This is the icing on the cake so take a deep breath or two before you get going.
OK. Let's go.
Divide the remaining two sections into three. You then have six sections left. Here you apply the Blow Dry Cream before you dry your hair. Use the round brush + hairdryer and fasten with metal clips. Finish the remaining sections and remember to blow-dry away from your face.
9. When you have fastened all the hair with metalclips, let it cool then spray lightly with hair spray.
10. Release the curls one by one. Now you can choose whether to brush through your hair and finish with hairspray or use a 25mm curling iron to get the final touch. Divide each section into two strands and curl away from the face.