Succeed with the Beaded Weft method at home with the Get Started Kit – Beaded Weft. In this starter kit, you will find everything you need to insert, remove and reinsert Tape-on Extensions. Tools, microrings and thread are included in a practical toiletry bag. Total value 74 €.
- A loop
- Thread (cotton)
- 100 microrings
- Three needles
- Pliers (for microrings)
- Pintail comb
- Two hair clips
- Two hair grippers
- Toiletry bag (worth 19 €)
This is how:
- Create a horizontal parting. Measure and cut the weft according to the length of the parting. Secure the ends of the weft by resealing the edges so that the hair does not detach from the weft. Do this with a small drop of glue or with a needle and thread.
- Thread the microrings or nanorings onto a loop or hook.
- Take a section of your own hair using the loop/hook. You should feel some resistance, otherwise you have taken too little hair on the hook and the hair may slip out.
- Press the ring together using the pliers. Press quite firmly. The micro-ring should become almost flat.
- Continue to attach the rings along the parting. The gaps between the rings should be about the same as the width of the hair sections you pass through the rings.
- Use hair clips to attach the weft along the parting.
- Sew the weft with needle and thread to each ring. Thread the needle through the weft and then through the hair between the ring and the hairline. Sew a chain stitch and move on to the next ring.
- Release your own hair and brush gently. And you’re done!
Durability & care advice
With a permanent application, premium hair lasts for up to 6 months with proper care. Premium is made of real Remy hair. Premium is perfect for those who want long-lasting hair extensions or more volume, with a natural-looking result. The hair is soft, supple and easy to style with your own hair.
- Wash your hair with Rapunzel of Sweden’s shampoo, conditioner and hair mask, which is suitable for extensions.
- Detangle the hair with the Extension Brush before washing. Start with the ends and work your way up.
- Rinse the hair with lukewarm water and then apply shampoo from root to tip. Avoiding rubbing. Rinse thoroughly and shampoo again.
- Towel dry your hair with Rapunzel’s Turban Hair Towel and then apply the hair mask. Leave in for at least 10 minutes.
- Apply conditioner to the lengths, avoiding the scalp. Rinse thoroughly.
- Let the hair dry naturally or blow-dry on low heat with heat protection.
- Detangle the hair when dry.
- Detangle the hair at least twice a day with the Extension Brush. Make sure the attachments are not tangled close to the scalp.
- Always sleep with dry hair. Braid your hair and sleep on Rapunzel’s Bamboo Pillow Case to reduce hair damage.
- Always work out and do sports with braided hair. If you have made a clip-on set of your Weft Extensions, remove it before sleeping, exercising or bathing.
- Always use heat protection when styling with heating tools and style at maximum 180°C.
- DO NOT use hair colour, colour bomb, toning, tinting, colour mask, henna, silver shampoo, bleach or similar on Weft Extensions. Ask your Rapunzel hairdresser for help when colouring extensions.
- Protect your hair from the sun and avoid dipping your hair in sea and chlorinated water.
- Avoid contact with sunscreen and similar products that may discolour the hair.
- Hair extensions are not recommended when taking certain medications and during certain diseases. Consult your doctor if you are not sure. Find out about any allergies before using extensions.